Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tender Mercies

Last week I had really bad nausea- one day it totally put me out of my daily responsibilities. I am pretty stubborn asking for help but with Daniel out of town I knew I couldn't do it alone. I got myself to atleast ask some neighbor friends if they had any saltines or gingerale. Right away, my visiting teacher brought over a whole box of crackers and offered to go buy some gingerale. I had to get hailey from school anyway so I declined and picked some up on my way home. But this same visiting teacher also offered to take our trash to the bins.(something I hate doing- Daniel primarily takes care of it but when he's gone- it either builds up or I gotta do it :) ) so that was way nice and thoughtful. Besides who wants to mess with trash when you think you might hurl at any moment ?! Later that evening my good friend, Katy, brought over a whole 3 course meal! I was so nausuous I couldn't even be in the kitchen or think about or smell food , making food for the kids was even hard. So they had to have cereal that night and I settled for my crackers and gingerale but we sure enjoyed the food the next day! Jump forward a few days to today. Haileys got strep, Daniel was traveling home from the work trip and I'm wondering how I'm going to teach our class today at church today. I decided I better stay home and find a sub. Well one of the ladies I asked was already subbing for another class but she totally brought us dinner tonight!  It was heaven sent. I really hadn't planned ahead too well and wasn't sure what we'd eat tonight. Since hailey started feeling sick yesterday I didn't want to get out and take all the kids to the store. When she brought it over, I have a big hug and thanked her telling her she couldn't have picked a better time. She shared with me that she was prompted at church and then in relief society during the lesson they talked about acting on promptings. Another small but tender mercy was Bre , another friend of ours, showing up today to see how hailey was doing and brought each of the kids a fun little flavored water and an applesauce fruit squeeze for Hailey. So kind and thoughtful. I was wishing I had something else "soft" for her to eat. All I can say is God is Good. He will provide. He does provide...  Through people right here among us. He knew we needed these tender mercies and I'm so thankful for kind neighbors, friends, visiting teachers that get those little promptings and have the COURAGE to ACT on them. Also I can't help but think karma is real. I've done some nice things lately that went seemingly unnoticed. But not unnoticed by All apparently :) So moral of the story, keep on doing good even if it seems to be unappreciated and keep acting on those promptings when you get them and be brave. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Sometimes people just have no idea what you're going thru. You'd be surprised what doors open up when you open yourself up to others. 

No comments: