This picture is taped on her bed so daddy can always be with her :)
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Daddy's Girl
Yesterday at the superhero party, one of the things the kids got to do was collect autographs from all the superheroes. Hailey must have collected something else too while she was at it. At breakfast this morning she said "mom, when I try to eat my cereal it feels spiky going down my throat and I don't want to swallow". I took one look in her throat and sure enough- strep. I assured her it wasn't too serious but that it is really contagious so she needed to be extra careful- wash hands a lot, try not to sneeze or cough on anyone, etc. A few minutes later she's sobbing in her bed. I run in, thinking she's sad she's sick or not feeling good but as it turns out she was just crying that she couldn't hug and kiss dad when he gets home. (He just got home this afternoon from a 5 day work trip and she's been looking forward to him coming home so much) Poor thing. I assured her she could still give him a big ol hug. She's definitely got a special place for daddy. And he has a special place right next to her bed :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment