Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'

One of my favorite things to do is take the kids to pick fresh fruit. A few weeks ago I took Hailey and Mason up the road to Mt. Naomi Farms to pick some delicious strawberries! Mmmm... strawberries are definitely one of our favorite fruits plus it's always fun to pick your own. Hailey loved sportin her new boots that a sweet friend in our ward gave us. It is true..every girl needs a pair of boots :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Did you freeze a bunch of them? Frozen strawberries have been our staple in our fruit smoothies. If we put them in, we don't have to use any ice. I started buying the big container of strawberries from Costco and freezing most of them. Then we just pull out some to use in the smoothies. I guess the trick is making sure you freeze them flat on a baking sheet so they don't all freeze together. Then you can put them in a container once they're frozen. You probably already know all this - I had to look it up on-line. Learning a lot about canning and freezing foods...

Anyway, looks like fun! You look great, by the way. Daniel is a lucky guy to have such a beautiful wife and family.