Just a few thoughts I've had today.. children can bring some of our biggest joys and sometimes some of our biggest challenges in life. But this morning I have to say I felt like the happiest mother to ever walk to face of the earth. I am not a morning person and I admit I am usually not looking forward to waking up early Monday morning for another day of work. As I was packing my lunch I heard quiet little footsteps and heres Jaden stumbling into the kitchen barely awake at this point(he is not a morning person either and will sleep in if we let him) so I knelt down to say good morning and without a word Jaden gave me a big hug and kiss and was off back to bed. How sweet is that! He woke up merely to send me off to work with a hug and a kiss :-) Jaden brings me and Daniel so much JOY 0n a daily basis. Everytime I drop Jaden off at the playroom while I workout he cant go without a hug and a kiss..last week he decided that one hug wasnt enough and called "wait mom! I want another one" I truly cherish this time in his life and know the time will come way too quickly that he will be too embarrassed to be caught hugging his mom in public. Jaden's just our great big ball of love and we know he will make a great big brother. He always gets so excited around little babies. We are so anxious and excited for the new addition to our family. I would be ungrateful if I didnt mention that Daniel also brings so much JOY into my life everyday. He is such a wonderful husband and father! Just the other day he brought home beautiful purple and white tulips which I absolutely LOVE! I truly feel his love for me on a daily basis whether it be in large or small ways. I am so grateful for him and the blessing he is in my life.

The tulips are still blooming..just like our love. Ha ha can I get some wine with my cheese?
6 comments:
yeah for mommy moments! And good job Daniel with the flowers - you scored brownie points with that one and you got acknowledged for it on here. But be careful- you're raising the level of expectations...
P.S. Tell Alex my favorite flowers are tulips!
absolutely adorable. such unconditional love is a gift.
Wine with your cheese? Nope, no whining allowed! :)
Underlying point here- Jaden must feel a great sense of love and security himself to show such a mature attitude for some one so young. Well done, Ashley and Daniel.
Thanks Mom, we must be doing something right :-)
Yay! I'm so excited I found your blog! You guys are just so darn cute. keep posting those updates ;)
p.s. this is Emily (egan) Savage, not some crazy stalker!
Post a Comment