Sunday, August 14, 2011

Well, Daniel and I were able to take the sacrament just now. We were pleasantly surprised to see a sister, stake president, and another priesthood holder walk in and ask if we wanted to take the sacrament. Daniel was able to bless it and because I still can't have any food or water I just touched it to my lips. No doubt we felt the spirit so strong and I was overwhelmed with a feeling of the power of the sacrament and that though its not going inside my body it has just as much power and may even quicken the healing process. It reminded me of the woman who only had to touch Jesus' clothes and had such great faith that she was healed. After we took the sacarment, the stake president asked where I found this young man here(Daniel) and I said we met at the LDS Business College. He said he could feel the spirit very strong witnessing to him the special relationship we share and he could feel such a sweet spirit here. I just want to add my feelings to his that we truly do have a remarkable relationship and trials that come in life such as these, bring us closer and bring us closer to the spirit. Im grateful for Daniel to be here with me through it all, even though we are in a tiny room and he has a very uncomfortable reclining chair to try and sleep in trying to sleep on. The Stake President also shared the verse in Romans that says "All things work together for good to those that love God". He asked if I believed in this and I said yes I definately do and it is one of my favorite scriptures. Mom, I still have this verse framed and sitting on our kitchen window :)I also want to say thank you to everyone for their prayers and fasting and to Alison and Micah for all their help with the Hailey and Jaden. We've had several other friends offer to help with the kids as well so they should be in good hands. Its also touching to know there are several in the ward already arranging dinners for us. So even though we dont have a ton of family close it should be comforting to know we are good hands :) We'll continue with the updates. As of right now the pain is being wonderfully managed with pain meds I am just getting sore from bed rest and longing for food and drink. I atleast got some icechips today and a sponge bath :) Im really bruised and sore but feeling better for the most part. We love you all!

No comments: