Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy "7th"Birthday, Jaden!

Jaden's birth "day" started out by waking up to a room filled with balloons that we very carefully put in his room while he was sleeping the night before. Seeing how happy he was made the somewhat "unneccesary" cost of a ton of helium filled ballons seem totally worth it. Then I slaved over breakfast and provided him with his very favorite breakfast- cereal. I wonder where he gets this liking from :) Then off to school he went equipped with treats to share with his whole class. Sounds like it was a pretty fun day at school esp since it was the last day before the Christmas break and he came home with a birthday crown and a bag full of goodies. Later on Alison, Micah, and Dallin came over and we enjoyed pizza,salad, 7up to celebrate 7 years, cake, icecream, gifts, and finished the night with a movie. And Mom, I know you hesitated to send clothes but you can see I caught the excitement on his face when he opened that box :)Other memorable gifts- transformers, star wars legos, book of travel activities, candy, cute toy story frame, target gift card, and $. The day after his birthday, Jaden and I took a trip to target to use his gift card and this was when I realized we must be doing atleast something right.. when we got to the store I asked him where he wanted to look first and he said he wanted to look for a dress for Hailey.. I was a bit surprised.. a 7 year old going to the store to use his birthday gift card on anything he wanted and the first thing he thought was a dress for his little sister?! He didnt end up with a dress but instead found the perfect baby for her, then went on to pick out something for Mom and Dad and then finally chose something for himself. Jaden has always had a big heart, and we are sure happy he is a special part of our family.


 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Debora said...

Amazing parents with an amazing kid. See you soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mom :) Jaden has amazing grandparents too I might add. April is always commenting about how often we receive packages. We can't wait to see you guys!!

Annie said...

It's amazing what pure hearts these kids have!

I'm remembering a Christmas when Jaden was crying at the sight of clothes for a gift! I'll have to see if I can find that picture...

Unknown said...

Haha I remember that! Just shows how much he's growing up. The older they get the more "cool" new clothes seem to be.

Alison said...

thats so cool ashley, glad to hear your target excursion turned out way better than we were talking about...Jaden is a keeper! I love the pics you got bytheway, i want some of those, that last one of Dallin, you caught a great smile on him :)

Unknown said...

Haha I couldnt leave a comment on the family blog but annie I am so happy you found those old Christmas pics.. That last pic of Jaden is priceless. And Thanks Al, Ill email you some pics.

great grandma said...

Thanks for posting all this. Great pics and wonderful birthday story! Love you all and look forward to next week! Thanks to Jaden for calling me the other day! That was really nice and much appreciated! "GG"
P.S. I still can't post on the FF blog, but those pics were great too!

kylee said...

that sounds super fun!!!