Just a couple of recent pics.. I am grateful for the nice weather lately and the beautiful colorful trees around. As far as the smoothies go, a friend at work introduced these to me..he called them "Green Smoothies". As you can see ours dont really turn out green but I guess they just call it that due to one secret ingredient which is spinach! These smoothies are sooo good- I have one prob 3-4 times a week and its much healthier than the typical ice cream shakes that we like to have. The best part is that Jaden gobbles them up despite the fact that he caught me putting the spinach leaves in (I was trying to keep it secret)but I thought I'd share the recipe with everyone. Nothin better than a yummy dessert thats fairly healthy. Im sure there's lots of sugar still but hey atleast we are eating spinach:-)
1/2 C. frozen blueberries
Handful of spinach leaves (Baby prewashed works best)
Any other fruit (Preferably frozen)
About 3 oz of yogurt (We've tried lots of different kinds, Pina Colada has been my favorite so far)
Little bit of liquid- Milk or juice (Orange Peach Mango Juice is yummy!)






Warning: Make sure to brush your teeth after eating these smoothies! We use frozen mixed berries which has blueberries, raspberries and blackberries so I always end up with tons of seeds in my teeth! :-)
3 comments:
h aha, loved that last pic displaying seeds in your pearly whites!
I love the smoothies!! Its funny too, because I have been on this spinach kick lately...This past week I even had canned spinach with some butter and salt several times...I am definitely gonna try the spinach in my smoothies... Micah doesn't like it at all..but i just love how healthy it is!
yeah they are great.. you cant even taste the spinach! :-)
Post a Comment