Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Best Friend

Daniel and I have the splendid privilege of teaching the Sunbeam class (3 yr olds) in our ward at church. This past Sunday the lesson was on Friends. We spent the first part of the lesson asking the children to tell us about their best friends and why they enjoy being around those people. Most of them said Billy Bob because hes fun ..or Suzy because shes nice...things like that. Then I went on to tell them who my best friend is..my dear husband. I was excited to share with the class that "Brother Pete" is my best friend because he loves me for who I am and I love him more than anything in the world! Brother Pete makes me laugh everyday, we can talk about anything, and most of all he tickles my feet. I then went on to tell the kids that Christ is also my friend. This sure sparked some confused looks on the kids' faces. One little boy said "But Sister Pete, Jesus is in Heaven, how is he your friend? Have you ever seen Jesus?" This was exactly the response I was looking for as it was a perfect opportunity for me to bear testimony of the reality of Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. Although I have never seen Christ, He is always there and we can have a real relationship through with him through prayer and studying our scriptures to learn all that we can about Him. When the day comes that we pass on to the next life and we see Heavenly Father and Jesus we will already know them. I love my Savior- He is my Redeemer and my friend. I'm grateful to Him for giving His life for me. I'm grateful for the opportunity that Brother Pete and I have to teach the Sunbeams. It's always nice to be brought back to the basics of the Gospel.

2 comments:

Aly said...

I love your blog! How fun! Now we all can be blog buddies! The photo of you two at the temple is amazing! We still haven't posted our wedding pics but they should be up in a couple weeks :)

Annie said...

So I didn't know you had a blog until mom said something about it on mine... and then Alex was like, "Yeah, I got an e-mail about it." Thanks for telling me Alex. Some best friend he is... ;) Anyway, I love it. I'm still not used to "Ashley Pete" though. Is that one of Daniel's sisters??