Ahhh.. our second favorite holiday in July...7/11...Free Slurpee Day!!
 |
| Jaden and his newest friends (Landon & Porter) , Hailey, Mason and I |
By the way, I love Jaden's newest friends. I can't post a pic of them and not rave about how sweet they are. Landon (Age 12..the newest Deacon in our ward) and Porter (Age 9) are the kind of boys every mom hopes their kids will find. I don't know how they are at home but around here they are the sweetest, most respectful boys I have met in a long time. Funny thing is, I haven't actually met their mom face to face but I do plan on going over there later today to introduce myself and let her know what a delight her boys are. It's so refreshing to see boys take off their shoes when entering our house, and while Porter offered to help Jaden do his chores, Landon (seeing that I was trying to clean things up and get kids and things ready to go) asked if there was anything he could do. This was after I watched him playing with Hailey outside like he was a big brother to her...ever so carefully teaching her to ride his scooter (Her bike broke a few days ago) and giving her rides on his bike. The other day I took them all to ride their bikes at the high school track and Landon, seeing I was having trouble carrying Hailey's bike and pushing the stroller across a grass field, offered to help carry Hailey's bike. Once we got home from 7-Eleven, Landon noticed I was struggling a bit to carry Mason, two slurpees and diaper bag in and offered to carry my bag for me. Holy Moley, whats with this kid? :) He's like the husband I need to help me all day when mine is at work :) Both times I've taken them somewhere, a thank you from both was sure to be said and not from a persuading mom standing their saying "Now what do you say?" I just want to give their mom (who bytheway is a single mom) a big hug and thank her for raising such respectful gentlemen! I'll have to do another post about Landon. His mom spoke in sacrament meeting a few weeks ago and he is literally a Miracle... not just once but several times his life has been spared. I heard all about Landon's 9 Lives on the way to 7-Eleven. More on that to come..For now here's a tip for the day...
Want to know how to keep a busy 10 month old entertained for half an hour?
Pile your kids and kids' friends in the car and head to your nearest 7- Eleven, get **free slurpee's for everyone (Don't forget your husband who is diligently working hard at work), then give the empty cup and spoon to your baby. Voila! P.S- They make for pretty good nap time soothe's as well. Toys, blankie's and paci's are overrated.
**Only on 7/11 while supplies last :)
5 comments:
You couldn't ask for anything better than Jaden (and Hailey) having friends like those. I'm sure that will be a great influence on them. Especially on Jaden, as they are just slightly older than him. What a blessing.
For now :) until the older one gets tired of playing with younger kids :) I found out Landon is inside today
(For now atleast) because he is sore from helping Hailey so much yesterday either on the scooter or his bike. How sad is that? :( Better keep looking for a good deal on a new bike for her.
Loved that post! It's great that your kids have found such wonderful friends. Mason sure is growing up fast!
Figure out what the secret is for raising a gentleman and let me know!
Annie, I know the secret already. Its to find friends that are gentlemen and hope and pray they will rub off on your kids :)Aside from good friends, I am trying to figure out so I'll let you know but I am sure I will be trying to figure it out as long as I live :) I came across this good article on pinterest last night about raising sons to seek after God. I'll have to try and repost it to share.
Post a Comment