Monday, October 20, 2008

Calling all insights..

Daniel and I knew it was coming soon...we were sitting in sacrament meeting a few weeks ago and both of us had the impression that we would be asked to speak in church soon. Lo and behold we were contacted that week by the bishop's secretary to speak on the Power of Prayer. This is a pretty general topic and Im having a hard time thinking about what we might narrow it down to. So Im writing this as an invitation for any special insights on prayer or any personal feelings/stories that anyone wants to share. I really liked Elder Bednar's talk from the past conference about prayer. Any impressions or feelings specifically from Elder Bednar's talk? If you prefer to email me send it to my gmail address. Thanks! jadenandme@gmail.com

4 comments:

Debora said...

I will try to send something :)

Annie said...

Well, I wasn't very good about sending anything... How did it go?

Unknown said...

It went really well. I was nervous beforehand but once I was up there it was just fine. It was neat to feel the spirit reminding me of all the things I have learned and know about prayer. My thoughts were all scattered around but once I began speaking it all tied in nicely.

Emily said...

You did such a great job. I was so impressed, and I am not just saying that. You really seem wise beyond your years. Thanks for babysitting tonight! I love your blog! How do you have the updates on the side... I like that and would like to add it to mine.. I have so many questions, maybe I should just come talk to you. Thanks for being a great "neighbor" and friend.